Wednesday, March 07, 2007

of Undefinable Moments and lost Effervescence


The Beauty of Nature is sometimes both Ephemeral and Poignant. To be able to appreciate this Fragile Fleeting beauty is a Gift worth having.
But alas the Politicians in India, or for that matter Bangalore are blinded by Materialistic avenues of life. Today I saw that one of a very Beautiful and Big Tree has been cut to make way for a Huge Building on Richmond road. This tree must have been a 100 years old easliy.
I used to observe this tree while on my way back home in my Company Shuttle daily.It used to show the sense of sacrifice and Giving nature of the Tree. It gives shade and succour and never did ask anyone for any damn thing. Today it somehwat feels like I have lost one loved one to the man made concoctions of Life.
The Tree must have blossomed like a flower, The wind must have blown through its different branches. Now all that is gone. I cease for words when I think of this Tree.Though i never touched the Tree, Climbing/Sitting on it rather would be impossible as it was soo high it would have evaded my grasp.It was an Indefinable moment to see it Alive. words such as "Rest In Peace" do not make sense here I believe.
God knows how long this exhibition of Human Moronic behaviour of cutting Trees and bleeding nature is going to last and how many such Trees lose their Life. Our future generations will have to visit a Museum to believe that such splendour of nature existed once.

~P

3 comments:

Ravish said...

well, u shud not regret for sth you can't do nything about...and the tree...if it was there in my land and i had to start the construction of my house..i wud have certainly cut it...;).dil pe mat le yaar..hota hai hota hai

Prasanna Harpanhalli said...

This Tree was on the FootPath. I really do not agree with you when it comes to commercial establishments. THey can be built without harming the Trees.

Anonymous said...

Rudrakshi:
Nice Blog, nice feeling.
The race of Survival is over with mankind(atleast in many parts of world). I donno where the current race will take Us. But all i know is: we have killed something.....& many a times we neither realizes how important it was.