Friday, November 17, 2006

Doc a day keeps High tea away....!

Our Wireless division as part of its employee satisfaction effort had invited upon a noted doctor today to give a small talk on Life/Work/Creativity et al.

The Last time such an event was organised I found it to be a Total letdown!. Some Ad agency director had been invited.He started explaining some things about creativity but it appeared to be His-Side of the story (dumb talk).


He also tried to be funny when he was remotely nowhere near. Then he tried to kind of bring in Religion into Humour and Life. Started singing Christian songs.

Now I am not against any religion but I do hate (or is it despise ? ) ppl who mix this and think its Funny. Believe me half the crowd left the instant he started it. The rest were there just there for the sake of it. A stiff upper lip was maintained as the Guest had to be honoured but it was no good show.

Having learnt from this nasty experience I decided that I will skip this Doctor for toDay.
And as I was sipping my Tea I was wondering as Doc can be more /Humane/ and could have provided some better insight towards Life! I was asking myself did i make a mistake ?


But then the feedback was that this doctor also did cut a sorry figure. Folks did not like it a wee bit. At least I got some time to learn the Najdorf meanwhile ;-)

ALOHA!

No comments: