Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sam @ Sung

This weekend was spent @ office chasing a few bugs.
While on my way back home I went around MG road just to check out the Holiday crowd.
Man bangalore;s MG road has more population (density)which can rival Bombay VT on any given sunday. Jayanagar is a close second. From where did all these people come in :-) ?
It appears a Mini-India has come up. I find a Oriyan in my bus. Many Bongs@workplace so the story goes on.
We have the Right-mix in Bangalore. Equal representation of all people.
Though, I must admit the Tamilians out number all the other populace in Blore. We do have a culture shock of sorts as people with varying dressing sense, driving sense ;-)
and partying sense are easily spotted in bangalore
though Bangalore has now only less than 33% kannadigas(bangaloreans per se). Still I see people cribbing about Rash Driving and Lawlessness and attributing it to Bangaloreans and Kannadigas. I attribute it some of this to the people who come in from outside of Bangalore. I feel this set of people are LOSERS and attribute their everyday share of problems to the locals. Umpteen number of times I have seen people with TN,AP and UP number plate break the rules along with KA number plate people. Also not all KA number plate vehicles are owned by Bangaloreans :-)

Anyways... Proper Road Sense remains appalling in Bangalore and there is no solution to this problem as the number of people coming into Bangalore increases day by day.
One thing we as indians have to realise is we have to leave this regionalism back and think of the Future.
It was never a fight among us, but a Fight between us(indians) and the World. This Video composed and conceived by Students of Massachussets Institute of Technology echoes my sentiment http://web.mit.edu/anoop/www/msur/msdivx.avi. It is a take on the MILE SUR video of yesteryears. Do watch it and it will lighten up your spirits.

That apart on saturday....I Also had a chance to meet up with a Friend@IISc on saturday evening. The IISc visit gave that soothing feeling to me, Also makes any one addicted to the serene surroundings which is a tad away from the noise and Hustle-Bustle of city Life. Inside u can find students like bees in a bee-hive. they are oblivious to the existence outside world.
It reminds me of the gurukul of olden times, its a pretty good feeling just being there for 2 hours. I also had Dinner there with my friend playing host. Gassgasey paayasa(karnatakas delicacy) was on menu. it was very tasty and It made me realise why many people leave their illustrious career outside for a meaningful Life inside@IISc.

Chalo guyz got to go now ... to borrow a line from the Beatles ........

It's been a hard day's night And I've
been working like a dog

It's been a hard day's night I should be sleeping like a Log



The weekend's come to an end and I wanna be a sleeping beauty b4
yet another manic monday starts :)

~P

No comments: