Monday, August 07, 2006

Digital Muzik: First DONs of a new era

Me not talking of the Corleone Family ;-)
Last week wanted to buy the audio cassette "Everlasting Love Songs vol 6" which has a Cool Collection of Classics(CCC :-) ) from yesteryears. But could not locate it now at my fav music Store.

Then I turned to my Gnutella network(P2P) & lo behold I got almost all the songs in a jiffy.
6 years back in college I did not know how an mp3 file worked.
Now things have changed so much so quickly that I can get a composition on a mobile phone.
I never imagined I could download a video of Charles Chaplin@ home using broadband.
All thats now a thing of the past. Downloading movies is also passe'. Gigs of data is being downloaded across the world this very minute.

not that i am in a time warp or something...
I have been seeing this tech advancements all the while but in retrospect technology has leaped a lot
just that I wonder sometimes of what lies in store :))

with the advent of the Zeros and Ones:) I mean the Digital Era. things can never be the same again.

Enigmatic thingy this digital world where u can talk to someone in the other part of the world using Voip. Cannot imagine how life cud have been without awesome technologies like P2P, Voip, broadband. I also believe the best things in life are free, so are Voip and P2P.
I will surely get bored without access to say my google, P2P network.

Also when I went to korea recently, I saw that the average korean lad had fundoo gizmos that could put any Hip gizmo freak in india to shame. One kid watched an entire movie on a calculator sized device.

Now theres much talk of Blu-Ray which can store 50Gig on a small diskette.
I can't wait but think how 20 years down the line technology could help you do unforeseen things before.

What's strange to me is....what lies in store 20 years down the line.
Luckily for me I work with a tttrrully Digital Company...Samsung rode to success with Digital industry.
Analog was never its cash cow. Thats what makes going to work daily that much more exciting.
like John keats once said.... Thing of beauty is a joy Forever!


Just being part of the Digital Evolution is a Joy forever

Just imagine what an average day@work or day@home would be like say (not far) 5 years down the line. Isn't the very thought exciting ???

I wud say ..... Digital Exciting!!!!

~P

No comments: