Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cupid strikes with a vengeance : Love is all around



Alright some recap to the headline...today being Valentines day Suhasini & myself lurked around the Shoppers stop outlet @ Bannerghatta road....& Sure enough all the love struck couples were in hordes trying to buy goodies for their loved ones...It was a Full house and we had to wade through scores of people to get anywhere in the store. I felt these days bank balances and buying capacities are deciding factors for a woman choosing her purrfect man. Some would say its a Alpha male thingy ;) ...well I am not writing about dating etiquette here....just my mere mortal thoughts.

Did you just say 'Get A Life' eh ? well in Bangalore it would be criminal to sit at home on weekends considering the number of eating joints, Malls and other entertainment centres which have sprung up. For me there is a different take on the happenings in the city.

I hail from a Mumbai middle class family and never relate to such things...for me life is still the fast life we used to live in mumbai...meaning work life is a strict balance. People are less pampered in such a society with goodies they can live without.
Mumbai life is etched in our DNA such that life in Bangalore is a luxury.

These days I commute 3 hours in a day so when I get back home I hardly have energy to blog. That should explain my prolonged abstinence or absence from my web logs.
Commuting 3 hours in a day makes you feel if you are really doing justice to your family in terms of providing Quality time, Happiness and Health to them. Well I strive to do that.
That seems to be the objective while doing justice to our jobs & earning bread in the process.
Its starting to get little hot & sticky in Bangalore and so maybe time for me to head back to Lund,Sweden.

We had been to Rammurthy's house earlier in the day for a luncheon and it sure was nice meet up.

At least for me I would avoid & advise anyone to just pass MNIK movie.
I hate pakistan supporters. I hope there is some day a software for TV which can block news tagged with words such as "MNIK", phew!

I also took my nephew to the park today and he is one hyper active kid always in for some action.
I also noticed some kids are the real Fussy sorts. Actually we are expecting a baby in June so I kind of hope
our little one is a little less Fussy :) . Since I was a different kind of introvert I would hope my kiddo turns out an extrovert.


No comments: