Thursday, March 26, 2009

Starting from a Scratch :)


I was teaching a Java concept to my friend and i used the phrase when you design stuff from a scratch! you ought to take many things into consideration.He casually asked me why to design from a scratch and why the word scratch came into being !!'

I was left scratching my head :-) LOL

I had to explain to him that not long ago there were absolutely no computers and people had to use the Pencil and Paper to design new things.Nobody had seen a keyboard and something called Software back then. Now we have Spice, Matlab, Simulink, Excel etc etc. Nowadays an engineering problem is always looked to be solved in Software first and then if not possible.looked at from the Hardware point of view.
Probably thats why when it comes to Engineering design, Software Engineers are in demand. ( Well lets say for Arguments sake Software Engineers solve Engineering problems in software, I am aware that nowadays all that is being done through out the world is Software Maintenance and its mostly redesigning stuff to suit your new requirements which keep changing often.)Currently the Silicon Valley is Frozen and despite that there are innovations coming now and then.This shows that every day we have new Engineering problems and its our quest to solve them in a better way that will give us immense Satisfaction.The Engineer in me is poking his head out and peering into the wilderness :-)

Adios!

No comments: