Tuesday, February 06, 2007

LIFE :__A ghastly perspective__


I am a person with modest means and living(don't laugh now!!). I do nurture a slightly neurotic obsession for the Surreal. That being the case I could not but check my enthusiasm for the SCARY HOUSE, when we friends went to Garuda Mall last Saturday.
There is a new amusement house which has opened up next to the Movie Hall INOX.Itz named the "SCARY HOUSE" and it sure appears scary initially though. We Four friends in all decided to take the plunge ;-). We paid the 40 bucks per head charge and entered the door. We met the first actor who was dressed as a Ghoul He did try to be scary for sometime, But we were not amused by it :( .


Seeing the utter darkness which stared at us in our face, Santosh my friend lost it.He could not take it any more and went straight out of the door we had come from.
This left Suresh myself and Vinoo. All 3 qualify as Severely Brain damaged Ghosts in broad daylight ;-).Our argument was " lets see who scares whom :) ". So we decided to go ahead and check out the SCARY HOUSE inmates.

I as usual led the charge. And as was expected the element of Scariness was made up of some props which displayed skulls and ghostly figures hung on the wall. The catch was some props actually are actors and try to scare the Hell out of us.

We persisted with all the Ghosts(actors rather) and came to the middle of this house. Here we decided to play a toughie on the SCARY HOUSE inmates. We planned to lie low in some corner not watched by the inmates and when any one comes out to check us out. We would scare the living daylights outta him!!! ALAS,...that was not to be...one such ghost had seen us plot it :-). He switched on the lights and called our bluff.We then hurriedly moved onto the second last room. Here there was what appeared to be a statue of a bed ridden ghost.
As we passed by it, the Ghost hurriedly started moving towards Suresh and Vinoo. Both were shell shocked and zapped. They immediately rushed to me to hold me and pave the way out as I was leading them. I had by then figured out the door and moved to the last room.

Here I was to face the NightMare! :). the Last room had one ghostly figure scaring me as I was leading the team. He had bones in his hand and waved at me.By reflex or say a Knee-jerk reaction I went all out to hit him :-(. One other person by then switched on the Lights and asked us not to hit him and leave the place.I returned to my senses{ did I ? ;-) }.
I realised what a blunder I would have made had i hit the person.


All the while I had this in mind that this act was just to amuse us but still somehow i slipped up and was on the verge of losing my self-control.

If you see the above episode in a different light, you would see that the society has made some Lives easier by making others difficult.

For instance the ghost actors might be paid some compensation daily to scare the shit out of blokes for sheer fun.But what do they lose in the process?

MeThinks

  • They have to sit in a corner of a Dark room all day! , Imagine that withour comforts of working in a well lit Cubicle and frequent coffee haunts to the cafeteria.
  • Salary hike at a appointed time every year.
  • We get Gifts and Goodies year round.
  • We are safe in our Software Factories (if i may say so ) Sometimes they might be at the receiving due to the stupidity of some fellas like me.
  • Overall I see that the Fun Element has a very depressing tone to it in the SCARY HOUSE.Some might say "Lifes like that". All i can say is "Lucky Me" hoping the inmates of SCARY HOUSE earn a decent buck for all that they Forego to let some people have a good Weekend.

    A Stirred but not Shaken prasanna signing off!
    ~P

2 comments:

lohith said...

Yes my friend, we are indeed lucky ones. And with the more positive perspective, by visiting the scary house, you and ur friends are contributing to the livelihood (not sure if i can call employment) of the "actors". I believe these actors may rather spend the whole day in a dark room than not support their family.

Prasanna Harpanhalli said...

yeah right !