Friday, October 13, 2006

on Un-Buttoning oneself...

Hey this is not a blog about undressing or something....read on...I promise it will be boring to the hilt ;-).

I am blogging-in @ 5 am in the morning. Was able to solve a linker issue with the counterpart in San Diego. This had consumed my whole night and at dawn it was solved. As I lay typing here my room mate grew extremely restless as he was losing sleep due to my typing(erratic typing rather). Every hour on the hour i used to assure him its gonna take some time only.
Now that the issue is resolved I was wondering about how we cannot leave in this present day world without pressing a few buttons. Be it on the key board or the door bell or the Light switch in your room to your Idiot box control gadget.
Everywhere Buttons seemed to have overtaken Humans.

Can I imagine living without pressing a single button for a whole single day ?
... whoa! is such a thing possible... :) ?

Well our ancestors lived life that way. We certainly need to un-learn our Urban habits and lean into the rural side of humanity and see how less buttons they encounter. I guess the words "Panic Buttons" are more of an urban Legend than a Rural phenomenon. Living in a City imposes these buttons on us, on whom we sometimes take out our anger on. May it be the pedestrian who crossed the street at the nth moment or the Auto which expectedly does an unexpected act.
Buttons get pressed ... well the fact is Buttons are here to stay.

Even as I type this blog. I feel the keyboard buttons twitching and feel that I should go back to the rural living once in a while to enthuse life and stay away from these buttons through which we control our living.
In Retrospect these buttons end up controlling us.

~:)
Prasanna.

No comments: